The First Feast of Bl. John Paul II is on Saturday October 22nd, but there is no reason to wait until then to start celebrating. Here are 6 JPII quotes that changed the world:
1. Proposing the New Evangelization: There is a situation... “where entire groups of the baptized have lost a living sense of the faith, or even no longer consider themselves members of the Church, and live a life far removed from Christ and his Gospel. In this case what is needed is a ‘new evangelization’ or a ‘re- evangelizaiton.’”
2. Articulating the Theology the Body: “Man cannot fully find himself except through the sincere gift of self.”
3. His closing statement at the opening Mass of his Pontificate: “Do not be afraid.”
4. Preaching the Gospel in the modern world: “The question confronting the Church today is not any longer whether the man in the street can grasp a religious message, but how to employ the communications media so as to let him have the full impact of the Gospel message.”
5. The defense of life and family: “As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.”
6. On having joy in the Christian life: “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”
What's your favorite JPII quote or memory?